Established in 1834, the corner stone of our current Sanctuary was set in 1887. The more than three thousand people present included Pulaski favorite son and former Governor of Tennessee, John Calving Brown, Major General CSA, as well as four Bishops of the Episcopal Church. The Church was consecrated December 11, 1887 by the Right Reverend Charles Todd Quintard, Bishop of the Diocese of Tennessee. Funds for the building were provided by Governor and Mrs. Brown, and the church was built in memory of their daughter Miss Daisy Brown. This is just the beginning of the spiritual of journey of the Church of the Messiah.
Our history reflects the changing times in which parishioners worshiped and served God's people in this place.